my vanity, makeup bag, and face see a constant rotation of products. with the volume and frequency of beauty being tested, it can be really tough to hang on to something for longer than a few weeks, let alone give it permanent residence in my bathroom’s beauty basket. low and behold, some products do actually stand the test of time. here are ten products that i posted about in 2012 that are still in my daily routine:
1. urban decay’s naked foundation is my go-to for a flawless face; i use it every day and i am still loving the semi-matte finish.
2. dr. lipp’s nipple balm for lips is a godsend for chapped lips; when all else fails, i know this will get the job done!
3. pattern body wash’s balance of effective cleaning and hydration makes it a permanent favorite in our coed shower. i love the scents and feel like i’m doing something good for my skin when i’m lathering up.
4. oribe’s dry texturizing spray is better than the best dry shampoo. it continues to make day two hair look better than day one. and the scent! yum.
5. sheswai’s nail lacquers come in the most playful shades. i still haven’t found anything that’s easier to apply than these, saving me bundles in salon manicures.
6. deborah lippmann’s the stripper to go is the most ingenious nail polish remover method. the little mitts may be pricy, but their portability and swift polish removal makes them completely worth the expense!
7. i still dab leila lou’s perfume oil in the crook of my elbows daily. the fragrance is flirty, fresh, and light, plus the rollerball makes it easy to travel with.
8. when i cannot stand to look as tired as i feel, tarte emphaseyes inner rim brightener saves the day. i constantly rely on this small wonder to fake eight hours.
9. i will never go back to plain old boring hair ties! olivia’s mane message pretties crop up everywhere, from all around my condo to the depths of my handbags to my car cup holders. you’re sure to always find one on my wrist, too!
10. chanel’s precision eyelash curler has replaced my beloved shu ueumra and proven better than the original. lashes are left perfectly curled without the awkward crimp some other curlers leave behind.
have you discovered anything through the blog that has found a permanent home in your beauty bag this year?