i’m on the train headed back to nyc for a week of fun with hobo at the international gift fair. from new york, i’m training up to boston for a little visit with my family, and then the husband and i will be flying back from mass back to dc.
the trip totals 11 days away from home and comprises planes, trains, automobiles, hotel rooms, my sister’s brighton apartment and my parents’ house in newburyport. as if the length of time wasn’t enough of a suitcase dilemma, it’s also a lot of different climates and activities to prepare for (a trade show, nights out in new york, a red sox game, lazy days at the beach). i like to think that i’ve mastered packing over this last year, but sometimes bringing beauty can still be a real challenge, especially when i’m tight on space and really suck at going without any of my favorite products.
here’s what i have tucked away in the tsa-approved liquids and gels department (all packed inside the clear zip around pouch from my favorite stephanie johnson ml traveler):
1. leila lou perfume oil – which i’ve lately taken to wearing
in the crooks of my elbows, does anyone else do this?
2. use me cleanser for fine hair – a godsend against harsh hotel water
3. somme institute nourishing cleanser, from the pillow pack
4. somme institute double defense spf, from the pillow pack
5. ole henriksen ultimate lift eye gel – completely necessary for the next few early mornings, will be completely unnecessary by the time i reach the beach on saturday :)
6. use me moisturizer for fine hair – see #2
7. nars lip lacquer in baby doll – a super easy daytime lip
8. somme institute serum (full size)
9. perricone md no concealer concealer – most days i’m lucky enough not to need this, but late nights and early mornings mean ugliness for my often-hiding dark circles
10. vaseline lip therapy (impossibly tiny!) – combats dry hotel and plane air to keep lips soft
11. somme instite a-bomb, from the pillow pack
12. clinique all about eyes – i never fall asleep without it!
13. urban decay naked skin (full post coming tomorrow, simply ah-mazing)
as you can see, i monopolize every inch of real estate in that clear plastic pouch – thank goodness for super small versions of my (many) essential products!